What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information from you when you visit the Site, whether through the Site or via alternative means, including but not limited to completion of Mash Networks documents and forms. In this section, We describe what types of personal data We collect, the ways We collect it, and how We use it. While We have tried to be complete, this list is not necessarily exhaustive, given that these activities can vary from time to time. When We collect information, We will tell you at the point of collection what information is required and what information is optional. We collect personal information both directly from the information you provide us with as well as automatically as you navigate through the Site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies. This collection of information includes any information that can personally identify you. This information may include details such as your name, age, gender, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and you Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
Information You Provide to Us
Examples of information that you provide us with include information collected from filling in forms on our Site, when subscribing to promotional communications, when reporting a problem with our Site, when responding to a survey, and records and copies of correspondence, including email addresses and telephone numbers, if you make contact with us. The types of personal data typically collected by us may include the following, depending on your activities:
- Contact information and Geographic Location, including name, title, street address (home, work, billing, shipping), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), operating system, browser type, company name and other similar information, and your geographic location. Contact information also includes any third-party contact information you provide us with.
- Personal/demographic information, including birthday/age/age group, gender, birth date, salary range, occupation, level of education, contest- or promotion-specific information.
- Authentication information, including user IDs, log-in names, passwords, password reminders, etc. (in addition to other personal data such as contact information, birth date and the like).
- Transactional and financial information, including payment information for purchases made through the Site and debit/credit card information.
- Preferences, views and comments, including communication preferences, feedback in response to surveys, etc.
- Participation information, including event attendance, sweepstakes/contest entries (including all information submitted on an entry), registrations, information relating to use of online communities and all other user submissions and content you provide.
- Order placement and customized product requests, including user formulas, methodologies, trademarks, tradenames, copyrights, and all other intellectual property provided to us. This type of data will be stored on the Site and may be used in advertisements, marketing, promotional communications, and may be publicly available to other users as a featured product creation on the Site.
Information Automatically Collected Through Data Collection Technologies
We may contract with third-party service providers to assist in better understanding Site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected except to help Mash Networks conduct and improve our business. You may disallow receiving cookies at any time through your web browser. Although you may still use the Site if you reject cookies, some functionality, such as the shopping cart, may be limited.
Our Site may also use IP addresses for the same purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer our Site, track users’ movements and online activity and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
We may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on our Site to access and set cookies and otherwise help us to better understand how users are moving through our Site. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, traffic data, location data, information about your computer and internet connection, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. We may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that We know when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help us tailor our communications to individual users. The information We collect automatically is statistical data and may contain personal information. It helps us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- Store information about your preferences
- Speed up your searches
- Improve personalization of your experience including offers and recommendations
Information Collected from Business Partners
We may collect personal data related to employees, directors, authorized signatories and other individuals associated with our existing or prospective business partners (collectively “Business Partners”). Information may be collected from Business Partners directly, from a company that employs Business Partners, from our affiliates, during networking events that We have either hosted, or sponsored, or attended; and/or from publicly available sources. We may collect personal data relating to our Business Partners’ employees, officers, authorized signatories, or other associated individuals. Information collected includes but is not limited to names, business addresses, business email addresses, business telephone numbers, business fax numbers, job title or role, business bank account details, date of birth, language of communication, date of first contact, and/or categorization as a business partner.
Information is Used in the Following Ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps Mash Networks to better respond to your individual needs and helps us to better understand the market in which We operate;
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site offerings based on the information and feedback We receive from you;
- To improve customer service: Your information helps Mash Networks to more effectively respond to your requests and support needs;
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other Site feature, to promote our goods and services, and to inform you of upcoming events;
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates;
- To send periodic emails and text messages: The email address and telephone number you provide to us may be used by Mash Networks and Affiliated Businesses (defined below) for marketing and promotional purposes;
- To ensure security: Collection of your information helps to manage security, risk, and fraud prevention.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include agencies providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, and providing User service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes.
- Our marketplace is hosted on Magento. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to market products and services. Your data is stored through [INSERT HOST] data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
- Payment: If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then [INSERT HOST] stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted. All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. For more insight, you may also want to read [INSERT HOST]’s Terms of Service or Privacy Statement.
- Affiliated Businesses, Alcohol Suppliers and Product Owners: The personal information collected on the website is provided to the companies, namely, alcohol beverage suppliers and alcohol beverage brands, that own the products that you are purchasing from the Site (collectively, “Affiliated Businesses”). These businesses may be provided your name, address, email address, and phone number to send you promotional offerings. We cannot control and nor are We liable for contact attempts from these companies to you. Our Affiliated Businesses will process your data in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 and any implementing legislation (the “GDPR”) and other relevant data protection laws.
- Promotional Offers: Sometimes We send offers to users on behalf of other businesses. If you do not want to receive such offers, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfers Outside the European Economic Area
If and when transferring your personal data outside the EEA (which consists of EU member states and Iceland, Lichtenstein and Norway), We will only do so using one of the following safeguards:
- the transfer is to a non-EEA country which has an adequacy decision by the EU Commission;
- the transfer is covered by a contractual agreement, which covers the GDPR requirements relating to transfers to countries outside the EEA;
- the transfer is to an organization which has Binding Corporate Rules approved by an EU data protection authority; or
- the transfer is to an organization in the US that is EU-US Privacy Shield certified.
You may request a copy of any relevant document in relation to transfers of your personal data outside the EEA by contacting us at email@example.com.
You are entitled to obtain information from us on how We handle your personal data, to see copies of all personal data held by us and to request that your personal data is amended, corrected or deleted from our systems. You can also limit, restrict or object to the processing of your data. We do not carry out any decision-making based solely on automated processing, including profiling. If you gave us your consent to use your data, e.g. so that We can send you marketing emails and texts, you can withdraw your consent at any time. Please note that even if you withdraw your consent, We can still rely on the consent you gave as the lawful basis for processing your personal data before you withdrew your consent. You can object to our use of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of your above rights, contact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How Do We Protect Your Information?
The security of your personal identifying information (such as your credit card number) is important to Mash Networks. Therefore, We implement a variety of appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, or alteration. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) technology and stored with a AES-256 encryption. Although no method of transmission over the Internet or electronic storage is 100% secure, we follow all PCI-DSS requirements and implement additional generally accepted industry standards. After a transaction, your private information (credit card number, etc.) will not be stored on Mash Networks servers. Please keep in mind, however, there is no such thing as perfect security, and no Internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free. Moreover, you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username and password you use, if applicable.
Do We Disclose Any Information to Outside Parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal identifying information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist in operating the Site, conducting business, sell products marketed on the Site, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. However, non-personal identifying visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Our website is designed to appeal to adults only. We do not knowingly solicit any information from children or people under the legal drinking age, nor do We knowingly market or otherwise target our websites or our products or services to children or people under the legal drinking age.
If We become aware that a visitor to our websites is a child or under the legal drinking age in the country or other territory in which he or she is located at the relevant time and has registered without verifiable parental consent, We will remove his or her personal information from our files.
We will keep and process your personal data only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected in connection with your relationship with us, unless We have a legal right or obligation to retain the data for a longer period, or the data is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Information About Us
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our website or if you need to communicate with us, please contact us at email@example.com.
For the purpose of the GDPR, We will be the data controller responsible for any personal information about you.
We reserve the right to disclose your personal identifying information as required by law and when We believe that disclosure is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, to operate the Site properly, or to protect ourselves or our users.
You may choose to have your name taken off the Mash Networks email lists or to “opt-out” of having your personal identifying information used for certain purposes, including but not limited to receiving additional marketing materials from Mash Networks via text and email. If you no longer wish to receive marketing and promotional materials from Mash Networks, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Unless specifically requested, We do not solicit nor wish to receive any confidential, secret or proprietary information or other material from you through the Site, by email, or in any other way. Any unsolicited information or material submitted or sent to Mash Networks will not be deemed to be confidential or secret.
Posting Information to the Site
You are solely responsible for any information and other content you post on or through the Site. You understand that anything you post on or through the Site is generally accessible to and may be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages or other contact from others. Users of any available forums are encouraged to exercise caution when providing information about themselves.
Cookies are small files which often include an anonymous unique identifier sent by web servers to web browsers and stored by the web browsers which enable the site or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables a web server to identify and track web browsers. Information gathered through cookies and web server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, and the time spent at our website. There are two main kinds of cookies: session cookies and persistent cookies. Session cookies are deleted from your computer when you close your browser, whereas persistent cookies remain stored on your computer until deleted, or until they reach their expiry date.
Our website requires you to enter your date of birth and cookies allow us to remember the data you have entered, so that We do not need to ask you to re-enter information every time you browse to a different page of the website. We also use Google Analytics types of cookies which, in conjunction with our web server’s log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our website and which parts of our website are most popular. This helps us gather feedback so that We can improve our website and better serve our customers. We do not generally store any personal information that you provide to us in a cookie. Most of our cookies expire within 90 days although our analytics cookies may persist for two (2) to ten (10) years. If you delete cookies relating to this website, We will not remember things about you and you will be treated as a first-time visitor the next time you visit the site.
The purpose of cookies, such as Google Analytics cookies, is storing information such as the time you visit the website, and whether you have visited it before.
We may also use “Social Media” cookies to personalize your interaction with third party social media platforms, such as Instagram and Facebook, where our website uses such features. Such cookies recognize users of these social media sites when you view social media content on our website. They also allow you to quickly share content across media, through the use of simple “sharing” buttons. We use the following Social Media cookies: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Tumblr. For further information about those Social Media cookies please see here:
- In Internet Explorer, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector.
- In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking “Tools”, “Options” and “Privacy”.
- In Google Chrome, you can adjust your cookies settings by clicking the “Chrome Menu” on the browser tool bar, “Settings”, “Show Advanced Settings”, “Privacy”, “Cookies” and select your preferred setting.
DO NOT TRACK
As of January 1, 2020, subject to certain limitations under applicable law, California residents can request access to and deletion of their personal information.
Sale of Personal Information:
California Consumer Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, please see the California Consumer Privacy Rights Statement for more information about our privacy practices and your rights.